Defining Chronic Disorganization
According to the Institute for Challenging Disorganization (formerly the National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization), a person who is "Chronically Disorganized" meets three criteria:
1. Has a past history of disorganization in which self-help efforts to change have failed
2. Finds their current disorganization undermining their current quality of life
3. Has the expectation of future disorganization
Life Event Triggers:
- more than one move in a single year
Mental Health Issues:
Chronic Disorganization may be due to mental health issues, including:
- Depression/Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder
Neurological & Physical Issues:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD)
Our Focus: Working with AD/HD, Grief/Loss/Depression
If the definition of Chronic Disorganization fits you, someone you care about or someone you work with, there are specific organizing tools and techniques we can introduce that may be useful where other tools and techniques have failed.
Our strength and experience is in working with Chronically Disorganized individuals, specifically:
- Individuals diagnosed with AD/HD or frequent distractability.
We'll help you leverage your strengths.
- Individuals experiencing loss, grief and/or depression or major life change.
We'll support your organizing efforts as you regain your footing and process your emotions. We'll collaborate with your mental health professional if appropriate.
If you don't feel satisfied with "typical" approaches to organizing, let's work together on organizing solutions that fit your style.
If you'd like to discuss your specific organizing challenges with a positive, compassionate professional, call 941-927-6758 or email us to set up a free telephone consultation. We'll honor your confidentiality, and will offer referrals if our services are not a fit or we don't feel that we are your best alternative.
"Not only did you help me create order out of chaos, you taught me a lot about the concepts of organizing.
I know these lessons will stay with me as I move into my new home and set up my new craft work areas and my new home office.
I learned so much from you!"
Calvert County, MD
Your trusted Professional Organizing experts on the Florida Gulf Coast since 2004.
Sarasota - Longboat Key - Lakewood Ranch - Venice
Certified - Bonded - Insured - Confidential
Impact Organizing LLC - 941-927-6858